54-year-old Australian top model Elle Macpherson keeps fronting covers of popular slick magazines and ad campaigns of leading international brands, wowing her fans with great physical shape and youthfulness, which, as it may seem, does not match her biological age.
In her blog on Get The Gloss, Elle shared 7 golden rules that she has been following for the last 30 years.
- Sleep at least 7 hours per night! Before bed, drink a soothing herbal tea and give your 15–20 minutes for relaxing asanas.
- Get up at 5:30am! A cup of hot water with lemon juice and a pinch of cayenne pepper will awaken the body and promote metabolism.
- Meditate for 30 minutes. Meditation harmonizes you with yourself and the world, and creates a positive attitude for the day ahead.
- A 10-minute massage with a hard brush and a stimulating cold shower immediately after help speed up blood circulation, prevent the appearance of cellulite and maintain skin elasticity and youth.
- Draw up a detailed plan for the day. This at first glance tedious process helps avoid unnecessary stress, turmoil and maintain the perfect balance between personal and professional life.
- Make a vitamin smoothie for breakfast. Most of the time the ingredients are 1 medium-ripe avocado and a spoon of protein powder made from cocoa, rice and peas. This combination nourishes your body, including the skin, with healthy fats and hydration.
- 40 minutes after breakfast, dedicate an hour to active outdoor activities: running, walking and playing with dogs, or skiing in wintertime.
Such a busy start of the day from 5:30am to 10:00am energizes and frees up the rest of Elle’s day for scheduled tasks, meetings, photo shoots, and work on Elle Macpherson Intimates, her own popular lingerie and swimwear collection, and on her line of skin care products titled The Body, which is a nickname given to her by Time magazine back in 1989.
Elle Macpherson for ELLE Australia November 2016