Traveling is a favorite activity for many, however, the preparation stage sometimes requires more endurance and skill from you than the most extreme of tours. The main question that plagues us during planning is: what should we take with us, and what should we definitely refuse from? After covering a fair distance around the planet, I am still amazed that only with experience comes the understanding of what the “essentials” are.
1. If your trip is not going to last more than three days and you are not participating in a wedding ceremony, the hand luggage will be enough, if you don’t want to waste precious moments of rest waiting at the airport. Even if you end up purchasing new things during your trip, they're unlikely to be a mink coat or handmade carpet. And if they are—most stores and production facilities have an option of delivery to every corner of the globe. Believe me, it won’t be more expensive than a fee for extra luggage.
2. If you plan to step out in festive dressing, put evening wear into hand luggage—and you will not worry about its safety and further appearance, and will not have to invent new looks on the fly, in case of luggage loss, which happens quite often, and usually at the most inopportune moments.
3. Wherever you go, a first-aid kit with essential medicines will become a handy tool. First, you won’t have to spend time and money on searching what you want, and second, what you want may not always coincide with reality: the medicines you use may not be on sale in that country or they may be available only by prescription.
4. The same applies to comfortable and warm outfits. A tracksuit, a favorite sweatshirt and a weightless windbreaker will be the perfect solution during bad weather, which may threaten anywhere, even in the midst of the hottest summer.
5. Also, do not forget about accessories. They will not occupy much space, but will definitely put a twist on your look. Massive earrings, bracelets and belts will easily transform the ordinary sleeveless summer dress into a cocktail or evening dress, providing you with a lot of options for going out.
6. Trying to reduce the size of luggage, it is better to skip yet another garb, and instead to secure a place for a moisturizing face cream, a nourishing serum and a sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher. You can save space by moving some of their contents into special small travel cosmetic containers. This will create room for a moisture-resistant mascara, a light moisturizing lip fluid, a primer and a highlighter. With an arsenal like this, you are sure to look flawless wherever you are.